In order to provide patient navigation services this position will focus on cancer screening and prevention to STRIDE patients system-wide. The Patient Navigator will identify needs (largely based on health care team referral), resource identification, and provide support to STRIDE patients to access referral sources. This position will specifically focus on the HPV At It’s Roots Initiate/Grant to improve HPV Vaccine rates amongst women ages 19-26. This position is a three year grant funded position.
- Act as a point person for cancer screening coordination services at STRIDE
- Orient patients to STRIDE and outreach eligible patients to the HPV At It’s Roots Initiative.
- Assess patient needs and identify healthcare related barriers and assist patients in accessing appropriate resources
- Provides patients and families with factual and appropriate information and education about HPV Vaccines and cancer screening services.
- Assist patients in navigating the STRIDE system including insurance and discount programs, medical appointments and referrals, and internal resources.
- Outreach at-risk, STRIDE patients in need of HPV vaccines and cancer screenings.
- Assist patients with referral coordination and follow up for HPV vaccine, cervical, breast, and colorectal referrals to ensure that screenings and vaccines are completed and assist in eliminating barriers.
- Refer to community resources and imaging centers as needed and track screening tests and results from community agencies.
- Responsible for entering data into various databases in order to meet grant deliverables, through monthly reports to grantors and partners.
- Provide timely documentation, required reporting and meet time sensitive grant deliverables.
- Create and maintain relationships with STRIDE staff and programs to facilitate quality patient navigation.
- Maintain relationships with community partners and community imaging agencies.
- Assists program manager and clinical lead with reports, projects as needed
- Perform duties in accordance with established clinic policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement activities, safety, and environmental and infection control standards.
- Participate in clinic/setting specific meetings and initiatives.
- Provide presentations to clinic staff about HPV Vaccine.
Job Qualifications- Knowledge, skill and ability:
- Excellent verbal and written communications with all levels of people.
- Exceptional customer service skills and demonstrate cultural competency with respect to populations served.
- Knowledge of health literacy concepts.
- Motivational Interviewing, basic care coordination skills and community resources.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-starter must be able to work independently with minimal supervision while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to protect the confidentiality of patient, employee and business information.
Education or Formal Training:
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
Bilingual (Spanish/English) Preferred
- Experience working with diverse communities preferred.
- A general working knowledge in the areas of patient care, community health and outreach
- 1-2 years in a health care setting or in community involvement or Medical Assistant experience is a plus.
Apply Here – Search Req # 3695
Source: Stride CHC