The Patient Navigator will be based in the School Based Health Center. They will provide patient navigation to the students and their families. This will include assistance in making appointments in the School Based Health Centers for Behavioral Health, Dental, Primary Care and Reproductive Health. The Patient Navigator will also be responsible for following up on Patient Care, and maintaining a positive communication between the students and families with the School Based Health Centers.
SBHC Patient Navigation – Filling appointments at SBHC sites
- Identify a student from the enrollment spreadsheet
- Verify Insurance
- Pull immunization history from CIIS and Power School
- Log TDAP, HPV, Meningococcal and Varicella dates
- Identify last known well child exam or sports physical with SCCC or SBHC
- Communicate effectively with students and families for appointment notification, necessary follow up appointments, referrals to other providers, and completion of necessary patient paperwork.
SBHC Practice Management
- Communicate effectively with students, staff and families for appointment notification, necessary follow up appointments, referrals to other providers, completion of necessary patient paperwork.
- Insurance- Verify the insurance eligibility of patients, verify demographics of patient, verify accuracy of patient information in Aprima. Refer uninsured patients to Medicaid Enrollment opportunities. (Public Health or FIRC)
- Prep appointments for the following day and confirm appointments if appropriate.
- Take payment and post to Super Bill
- Run and Print Daily Deposit
- Deposit delivery
- Help CA with Scanning
- School Newsletters
- Other duties as assigned
Language Ability: Ability to read, write and clearly speak the English language. Ability to read, write and clearly speak the Spanish language. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and deal with multiple linguistic cultural variables.
Reasoning and Mental Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.Ability to exercise independent judgment. Self-directing and organized. Ability to reason objectively. Ability to assess, project and plan for patients needs. Ability to interpret state/ federal/agency regulations. Ability to document concisely, accurately and in timely manner. Ability to handle a variety of duties which may be interrupted or changed by immediate circumstances.
Interpersonal Skills: Ability to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, co-workers, administration, physicians and providers, community agencies, referral sources, regulators and other health team members. Ability to enlist the cooperation of others. High tolerance for stress.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a solid knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software and database software.
Certificates and Licenses:
OSHA required courses for positions, CPR.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour