Compassion Fatigue: The Cost of Caring
Date(s) - 10/13/2021
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Compassion fatigue is a form of burnout – a deep physical, emotional and spiritual exhaustion accompanied by acute emotional pain. Compassion fatigue can develop over time in those who help those experiencing trauma and suffering on a daily basis. In the midst of the ongoing pandemic, COVID-19 contact tracers are at risk for experiencing this emotional drain.
This webinar will explore the subject of compassion fatigue, common symptoms, and discuss strategies for building resilience while performing a stressful job.
This webinar will be geared toward COVID-19 contact tracers, case investigators, and resource coordinators; but everyone is welcome.
After attending this training, you will be able to:
- Define compassion fatigue
- Understand the impact of compassion fatigue on COVID-19 caregivers including contact tracers
- Identify symptoms of compassion fatigue
- Assess your level of compassion fatigue
- Learn strategies to prevent and ease compassion fatigue