Care Coordination for Health Navigators Online
Date(s) - 03/01/2019 - 03/29/2019
This course focuses on the role of the health navigator in team-based care coordination. In this course, we will explore care coordination and related concepts, including their application to practice and commonly encountered challenges. You will be guided step-by-step to learn the basic skills and advanced strategies to enhance team-based care and client engagement for better health outcomes, patient safety, and workflow efficiency.
Those working in a team-based setting to increase access to care,
including health navigators, care coordinators, case managers, community health workers, nurses and social workers.
$250 Colorado residents
$350 out of state
- An introduction to team roles and functions for effective care coordination
- Communication techniques for team responsibility and accountability to a shared plan of care
- Tools to efficiently manage your patients panel
- Overview of strategies you can use with your clients to enhance self-care
- Ways to measure the effectiveness of care coordination
- Case-based discussion and guided practice
This course is an instructor-led virtual course (not self-paced). The format include both online coursework (reading, assignments, quizzes) as well as Live Learning Sessions via Zoom web conferencing.
Live Learning sessions: (noon-1:30 pm MT on Fridays):
- March 8
- March 15
- March 22
- March 29
Level 1: Patient Navigator Fundamentals or experience in the field (such as RN, LPN, LSW or at least 2 years experience as a navigator). Contact Erin Martinez at email@example.com to see if this course is a good fit.
As part of this course, you are invited to participate in the Team-Based Care Coordination Study. Incentives are offered for your time. More Info Here