The Patient Navigator Training Collaborative (PNTC) is pleased to partner with Lucille (Johnson) Campbell, to offer Mental Health First Aid training.
Mental Health First Aid Colorado is a statewide, public education program committed to empowering individuals to identify, understand and respond to those in mental health and substance abuse crises.
Mental Health First Aid training is for everybody, especially patient navigators! Sign up today for this free training! MHFA will be offered from 8 am – 5 pm on the following days:
April 12 – Register Here
April 19 – Register Here (rescheduled date from March 24)
Here’s what you can expect to learn at the training:
- What are common mental health disorders? What do they look and feel like?
- Signs and symptoms of mental health and substance abuse emergencies
- A five-step action plan to connect people in crisis to support systems
- Myth busting and fact sharing about mental health and emotional challenges
- Non-judgmental communication and listening skills
- Local, state, and national behavioral health resources