Proactive MD is actively transforming the legacy on-site employer clinic industry through its next-generation Health and Wellness Centers. We are growing and looking to add to our team an innovative and forward-thinking Senior Patient Advocate for our Health and Wellness centers.
The mission of the Senior Patient Advocate (PtAd) is to facilitate and ensure continuity in patient care and serve as a conduit of care between the services of the health center and into the community. The PtAd will strategically engage employees and their dependents before, during, and after visits to the center in order to ensure we are providing personalized, informative, and compassionate care. The PtAd role is supported by and reports to the Vice President of Service Delivery. The individual will work closely with the Vice President of Service Delivery, Account Manager, Medical Assistant, Provider, Regional Medical Director, and Client HR Team.
For full description and to apply, click here.
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Coordination of Care
Under the direction of the Provider, the PtAd will coordinate care with external specialists, labs, medical equipment providers, counselors, health classes, etc.
- Ensure medical records are provided to Proactive MD’s Provider following any specialist visit.
- Receive prior authorizations required by the insurance company for tests or procedures.
- Assist patients in navigating the healthcare system.
- Coordinate care when a patient is admitted and discharged from the emergency room or hospital. Ensure Proactive MD’s Provider is included in the aftercare process.
- Visit hospitalized patients to ensure care coordination is directed by the Provider.
- Support Medical Assistant and Provider as needed to check-in patients; take patient vitals; perform some laboratory tests; and assist with various clinic procedures.
- Encourage and coordinate follow up visits at the health and wellness center.
- Works in coordination with the Provider to analyze data and develop outreach campaigns and educational resources. The PtAd is responsible for the execution and success of these campaigns
- Represent the Health and Wellness Center at internal and external meetings and events.
- Be knowledgeable about and provide information to patients regarding available community services that could enhance their care.
- Coordinate patient care and treatment plans; provide educational materials/consultation; follow up on patient well-being.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience working in healthcare setting
- Medical or Healthcare social work in similar setting, or case management experience
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field
- Knowledge of the concepts and principles of case management
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain working relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and available patient resources
- Knowledge of payors
- Ability to prioritize needs and plan work accordingly
- Knowledge of HIPPA confidentiality requirements
Preferred: The following are desirable skills and experience
- Master’s degree in Social Work
- Medical social work experience
- Knowledge of third party payer requirements
- Knowledge of medical terminology