The Patient Navigation and Community Health Worker Training Program (PNCT) is hiring a Student Assistant to support our online and in-person courses. This position can be mostly remote. Must be a current college student to apply. Please email Erin Martinez at email@example.com with a resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications.
The Student Assistant will coordinate tasks for the implementation of activities conducted by the Patient Navigation and Community Health Worker Training program. The Student Assistant is responsible for working with the PNCT manager and director to maximize the enrollment of and completion of the PNCT courses. This is a part-time (up to 20 hours per week) position dependent on grant and private funding.
PNCT conducts interactive, skills-based training for the growing workforce of patient navigators and community health workers. This position would focus on supporting the logistics of several virtual and in-person trainings per month.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide support during virtual courses, including running Zoom sessions, taking attendance and providing tech support for Canvas
- Provide support during in-person courses, including organizing supplies, ordering food and providing logistical support
- Coordinate program projects including collaborating with partners, communication with participants and record-keeping
- Coordinate program evaluation efforts including sending evaluation emails, certificates and email reminders as needed
- Respond to phone and email inquiries as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with survey software (Qualtrics preferred)
- Ability to enter data into a database or excel spreadsheet
- Demonstrates attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Maintains effective working relationships with project staff and PNCT partners
- Excellent written, verbal and customer service skills
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed
- Experience with Zoom, Canvas, social media and video editing a plus
- Able to read, write and speak in Spanish a plus
Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 1-2 years related work experience