Cultural Intelligence; Viewing Life through the Other’s Lens
Presented by the Human Services Network of CO
9 am-12 pm Dec. 5
Location: TBD in Denver
This workshop will explore anti-oppression concepts such as systemic oppression and allyship. The presenter will provide strategies and tools for human service professionals to utilize in their daily practice, including:
- cultural responsiveness
- implicit bias
- receiving feedback
- non-violent communication techniques
The goal of this half-day training is to equip attendees with core language and theory that can be used to bolster diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in human services.
Upon completion of this half-day event, participants will:
- Have gained a broad understanding of how oppression operates within our society and be able to provide instances of such behaviors;
- Be able to articulate the 4 I’s Anti-Oppression Model and offer examples drawn from this model;
- Understand and demonstrate a positive expression of allyship and inclusive communication strategies; and
- Connect anti-oppression theory to practice at the interpersonal level.