Patient Contact Center Manager at UC Davis (Rancho Cordova, CA)
Under the direction of the Patient Contact Center Director and Ambulatory Operations Leadership, the Patient Contact Center Manager is responsible for coordinating all operational aspects of assigned Patient Contact Center areas. The Patient Contact Center Manager is expected to provide visionary leadership in order to maximize the effectiveness of all service delivery systems, and to cultivate a culture responsive to the health care environment.
Salary Range: $6,608.33 – $14,808.33 Monthly
• Applicants are encouraged to upload license and certification if required of the position.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Experience in management and administration of a contact or access center.
• Experience in managing operations relating healthcare inbound scheduling, outbound scheduling, and referrals.
• Analytical skills to effectively understand large amounts of complex medical, administrative and fiscal information, and ability to absorb such information to make timely and thoughtful decisions.
• Planning skills to analyze program goals and objectives given the current and potential health care trends, to make accurate short- and long-term projections to establish program needs and resource requirements; and to secure potential sources of funds and revenues to meet those requirements.
• Excellent organizational skills to determine workload priorities to enable timely completion of tasks.
• Knowledge of business and management principles, and of budget control and accounting principles, including capital budgeting, cost accounting, professional and patient billing, contract administration; and ability to apply these principles of a health care environment.
• Knowledge of budgeting process, management reports, accounting, purchasing and patient billing systems.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong leadership and management skills to provide planning, coordination and direction to departmental staff, and to propose innovative solutions to management problems.
• Personnel management skills to include developing position descriptions, recruiting, • interviewing, selecting, training, evaluating and disciplining others.
• Knowledge of applicable union contracts and staff personnel policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of personal and/or mainframe computers and software tools, including word processing, spreadsheet, data base, clinical information systems, electronic medical records, billing systems, and other application packages.
• Knowledge of regulations pertaining to health care services reimbursement.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field (or within 24 months of hire).
• Master’s degree in a health administration or business field.
• Process improvement knowledge.
• Knowledge of TSI and Decision Line information management systems.
• Physical Demands: Sitting – Frequently, Standing – Frequently.
• Lifting Requirements: Up to 25 Pounds (Light) – Frequently.
• This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
• The University of California has implemented a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination Policy (ucop.edu) covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, employees must submit proof of vaccination or a University-approved exception or deferral.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at:
Job ID # 26271