Level 2: Advanced Health Behavior Change: Supporting Changes in Health Behavior for CVD Prevention
Date(s) - 06/25/2015
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Anschutz Medical Campus, Education 2 North, Classroom 2302
This course focuses on chronic disease, including diabetes and cardiovascular disease control. It is hybrid course which includes an online component, interactive web meetings and a one day skills practice workshop designed for patient navigators, care coordinators, clinical and non-clinical practice staff.
The online portion includes disease modules that can be viewed at any time.
The ZOOM/web meeting portion allows for participation or viewing of the recorded presentation and discussion.
The in-person session provides for practice and observation of the behavioral skills.
Prerequisite: Level 1 Patient Navigator Fundamentals Course
Additional Recommended Prerequisite: Advanced motivational interviewing (MI) or a total of 12 hours of MI training
Location: Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora Colorado
- Articulate the patient navigator role in CVD prevention through supporting behavior change.
- Implement two supportive tools to enhance behavior change.
- Demonstrate two techniques for motivation development and enhancement.
- Exhibit appropriate teach-back and demonstration techniques for behavior change.
- Identify three community programs for cardiovascular disease prevention, chronic condition m self-management, healthy eating and physical activity.