The Community Health Liaison (CHL) is a frontline health educator who has an in-depth knowledge of the community he/she serves. The CHL serves as a link between health and social services and the community to facilitate access to services and improve the quality and cultural competence of service delivery.
This position is part of the Just Keep Breathing grant and will be making home visits to high risk asthma patients and their families. This position will educate families about asthma and help connect them to care.
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. These examples do not include all of the functions which the employee may be expected to perform.
• Serves as liaison between program, department, Children’s Hospital Colorado (CHCO) and families in community settings.
• Provides education and facilitates access to services for CHCO patients, families and community partners.
• Delivers, supports and builds relationships with targeted families.
• Assists in meeting population health goals by linking families and communities to essential health resources.
• Provides assistance, support and coaching to other CHL staff.
• Continues participation in the CHL training program which is designed to develop and enhance the knowledge, skills and abilities of the CHL.
• Participates in local, state, regional and national efforts related to community health and outreach.
EDUCATION – Associate’s degree in healthcare, community relations, social services or other related field.
EXPERIENCE – One year relevant experience.
EQUIVALENCY – Relevant experience, in addition to the required experience, will substitute for the Associate’s degree on a year-for-year basis.
Apply online at www.childrenscolorado.org/about/careers.