How informed is your consent? Impacts of a population with low numeracy skills.
8th Annual Colorado Health Literacy Coalition Conference
Friday, October 7, 2022 Location: Embassy Suites Denver Central ParkMore details and registration
Featuring presentations about:
- Population-level impacts on low health numeracy.
- The demands placed on those managing chronic conditions.
- Risk vs. benefit as a critical aspect of informed consent.
- Health literacy 101 for our first-time attendees or those new to the field of health literacy.
- Work hands-on with communicating around numbers to take the guessing game out of the equation for our patients/clients/customers, etc.
- Recognize health numeracy as an increasingly imperative part of our health journey.
- Demonstrate how to implement health numeracy best practices.
- Define risk vs. benefit and how this becomes an informed consent issue.
Please note: Proof of COVID-19 vaccination at conference check-in and mask-wearing while in conference sessions is required.
4.5 Contact hours will be awarded. UCHealth is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by Colorado Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.