Healthcare delivery can be very fragmented, which often results in poor health outcomes, patient dissatisfaction, and higher healthcare costs. Coordinated care contributes to patient-centered, high-quality care.
This Level 2 course prepares patient navigators to coordinate care for their clients consistent with Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) and Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) guidelines and requirements.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Define care coordination
- Describe care coordination activities
- Describe which patient groups would most benefit from care coordination
- Demonstrate 9 Foundational care coordination Activities
- Demonstrate how to support patient self-management goals
- Create, communicate review and revise a plan of care
- Discuss ways to measure effects of care coordination
PREREQUISITE: Completion of the Patient Navigator Fundamentals Level 1 training or have the permission from the instructor.
Register for Level 2: Advanced Care Coordination now while spaces are open!