The Colorado Colorectal Screening Program is excited to announce its Western Slope training, featuring an afternoon discussion of Genetics and Family History in collaboration with the Colorado Cancer Coalition! We are extending this invitation to local clinics, navigators, providers and community agencies, with priority of agencies on the Western Slope. Please feel free to share this invitation with anyone who may be interested in learning about colorectal screening in CO (emphasis on Western Slope) and family history and genetics. Attendees are welcome to stay for all or a portion of the meeting.
When: Thursday, Aug. 24, 8 am – 4:15 pm
Where: Hampton Inn, 205 Main St., Grand Junction, CO 81501
Please register using this link by Friday, Aug 11
Topics to be covered:
Morning -CCSP Partners encouraged to attend. All welcome :
– Colorectal Cancer screening best practices and updates
– Colorectal Cancer Screening Patient Navigation 101
– CCSP Data Collection and Evaluation
– Input on Western Slope barriers and needs
Afternoon Open to Everyone:
– Introduction to Colorado Cancer Coalition and Family History Task Force
– Cancer Genetics and Family History-What You Need to Know!
– A New Tool -Family History Tool Preview and Need Your Input
– Resources for Genetics and Family History in Colorado