Level 2: Facilitation Skills for Patient Navigators Conducting Group-Level Interventions (Arvada)
Date(s) - 10/11/2016 - 10/12/2016
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Community First Foundation
The primary goal of this two-day training is to enhance participants’ facilitation skills relevant to Patient Navigators delivering group-level interventions. This course will focus on the development of new skills as well as the enhancement of existing skills. This course is appropriate for an audience of varying experience. Participants will have the opportunity to assess their own facilitation skills and understand their strengths and how to fortify their skills.
- Explain the different roles that small groups play in prevention interventions
- Describe the differences between facilitation, education and presentation styles
- Explain why incorporating different learning styles into group facilitation creates a richer learning environment
- Practice effective verbal and non-verbal facilitation skills
- Practice skills to help address challenges in a group process
- Discuss how co-facilitation skills can affect group facilitation
- Construct a quality assurance plan for small group prevention efforts
This workshop is delivered through our partners, the Denver Prevention Training Center.