Level 2: Emotional and Social Aspects of Disease – Online Class
Date(s) - 02/13/2017 - 04/04/2017
Chronic diseases affect our physical bodies, but also have an emotional, social and psychological impact. This 7-week online course helps patient navigators understand their role and how to help patients and their caregivers deal with complex emotional issues related to chronic disease.
In this course you will interact with the instructor and other students and explore how to:
- Help patients and families adjust to chronic disease
- Increase a patient’s sense of empowerment
- Assess patient coping strategies
- Identify mental illness or patients in crisis
Course format: This is an online course. This course is led by an instructor, not self-paced. ALL course activities take place via the Internet. There will be three live sessions during the course conducted via Zoom web conferencing. It is preferred if you have a web cam, but not required. You will login to a course website to complete activities. Course activities include readings, online tutorials, videos, quizzes and online discussions. Activities are required each week. You will complete all activities independently and use the discussion tool to interact with other students 2-3 times per week. You will receive a certificate of completion after satisfactorily completing all course activities.
Live sessions via Zoom:
– Tuesday, Feb 14: Noon-1 pm: Course Overview, Meet your Classmates
– Tuesday, March 7: Noon-1 pm: Live Discussion (topics to be announced)
– Tuesday, April 4: Noon-1 pm: Course Wrap Up, Q&A
Patient Navigators in Colorado: Free
Out-of-state participants: $400