Level 2: Care Coordination (Salida, CO)
Date(s) - 10/10/2023 - 10/11/2023
This course focuses on the role of the health navigator in team-based care coordination. In this course, we will explore care coordination and related concepts, including their application to practice and commonly encountered challenges. You will be guided step-by-step to learn the basic skills and advanced strategies to enhance team-based care and client engagement for better health outcomes, patient safety, and workflow efficiency.
Presented in partnership with Chaffee County Public Health. There is NO COST to attend this training.
This course is designed for care coordinators, case managers, patient navigators, health navigators, community health workers and others who want to provide high quality, coordinated care to their clients.
- An introduction to team roles and functions for effective care coordination
- Communication techniques for team responsibility and accountability to a shared plan of care
- Tools to efficiently manage your patients panel
- Overview of strategies you can use with your clients to enhance self-care
- Ways to measure the effectiveness of care coordination
- Case-based discussion and guided practice
1.5 days in person
8:30 am-4:30 pm Oct. 10
8:30 am-noon Oct. 11