Level 2: Care Coordination Online (Summer 2023)
Date(s) - 07/28/2023 - 08/25/2023
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
This course focuses on the role of the health navigator in team-based care coordination. In this course, we will explore care coordination and related concepts, including their application to practice and commonly encountered challenges. You will be guided step-by-step to learn the basic skills and advanced strategies to enhance team-based care and client engagement for better health outcomes, patient safety, and workflow efficiency.
This course is designed for care coordinators, case managers, patient navigators, health navigators, and others who want to provide high-quality, coordinated care to their clients.
Live Learning Zoom Sessions 11:30-1 pm Mountain Time on Fridays:
- Orientation: July 28
- LLS 1: Aug 4
- LLS 2: Aug 11
- LLS 3: Aug 18
- LLS 4: Aug 25
- An introduction to team roles and functions for effective care coordination
- Communication techniques for team responsibility and accountability to a shared plan of care
- Tools to efficiently manage your patients panel
- Overview of strategies you can use with your clients to enhance self-care
- Ways to measure the effectiveness of care coordination
- Case-based discussion and guided practice
This course is an instructor-led virtual course (not self-paced). The format include both online coursework (reading, assignments, quizzes) as well as Live Learning Sessions via Zoom web conferencing.
Estimated time commitment per week
2 hours of homework + 1.5 hour Live Learning Session (3-4 hours per week)
Level 1: Patient Navigator Fundamentals or experience in the field (such as RN, LPN, LSW or at least 2 years experience as a navigator). Contact Erin Martinez at email@example.com to see if this course is a good fit.