Level 2: Advanced Care Coordination (Fort Collins)
Date(s) - 09/20/2016
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Healthcare delivery can be very fragmented, which often results in poor health outcomes, patient dissatisfaction, and higher healthcare costs. Coordinated care contributes to patient-centered, high-quality care. This Level 2 course prepares patient navigators to coordinate care for their clients consistent with Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) and Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) guidelines and requirements.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Define care coordination
- Describe Care coordination activities
- Describe which patient groups would most benefit from care coordination
- Demonstrate 9 Foundational Care Coordination Activities
- Demonstrate how to support patient self-management goals
- Create, communicate review and revise a plan of care
- Discuss ways to measure effects of Care Coordination
Pre-Work: Limited reading is required prior to the in-person workshop.
PREREQUISITE: Completion of the Patient Navigator Fundamentals Level 1 training or have the permission from the instructor. Please contact Patricia Valverde at email@example.com prior to registration if you have not completed the Patient Navigator Fundamentals training.
*Participants are asked to bring examples of patient navigator scope of work or work flow, patient assessment tools, outcome surveys, behavior change action plans, treatment plans that are used at your work for sharing with other students.
Location: Fort Collins, CO (location details will be sent to participants)