Level 1: Health Navigation Fundamentals (Denver, CO)
Date(s) - 11/30/2022 - 12/02/2022
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Colorado Health Capitol
Level 1: Health Navigation Fundamentals is a three-day in-person course with an online course component designed to improve your patient navigation skills. Don‘t miss this opportunity to network with other navigators!
COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Patient navigation history
- Patient communication strategies
- Assessing patient strengths and barriers
- Patient resources
- Ethical decision making
- Health promotion
- Assess patient readiness to change
- Health literacy
- Introduction to motivational interviewing
Please Note: To receive a certificate of completion for this course you must attend and actively participate in the entire program of training (online and in person). Before class begins, you must also complete online “pre-work” activities to prepare you for small group discussions and other learning activities.
A light breakfast, coffee and full lunch will be served daily.
Health & Safety Information
- For the health & safety of everyone, participants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend the training.
- We will follow local guidance on health & safety protocols.
- If you are feeling sick the day of training, please stay home. You will be offered a spot in an upcoming training or may request a refund.