Care Coordination for Patient Navigators Online
Date(s) - 10/13/2018 - 11/09/2018
This course focuses on the role of the patient navigator in team-based care coordination. In this course, we will explore care coordination and related concepts, including their application to practice and commonly encountered challenges. You will be guided step-by-step to learn the basic skills and advanced strategies to enhance team-based care and client engagement for better health outcomes, patient safety, and workflow efficiency.
This course is designed for care coordinators, case managers, patient navigators, health navigators and others who want to provide high quality, coordinated care to their clients.
This is a pilot course and is being offered free of charge to Colorado residents. This course is not open to out-of-state participants at this time.
- An introduction to team roles and functions for effective care coordination
- Communication techniques for team responsibility and accountability to a shared plan of care
- Tools to efficiently manage your patients panel
- Overview of strategies you can use with your clients to enhance self-care
- Ways to measure the effectiveness of care coordination
- Case-based discussion and guided practice
This course is an instructor-led virtual course (not self-paced). The format include both online coursework (reading, assignments, quizzes) as well as Live Learning Sessions via Zoom web conferencing.
Live Learning sessions: (noon-1:30 pm MT on Fridays):
- Oct. 19
- Oct. 26
- Nov. 2
- Nov. 9
Level 1: Patient Navigator Fundamentals or permission of course instructor. Contact Erin Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if this course is a good fit if you have not taken Level 1.