Seeking Chinese community navigator and Vietnamese community navigator
The community navigator is an essential part of the Asian Pacific Development Center’s (APDC’s) Specialty Behavioral Health Clinic. The community navigator helps immigrant and refugee community members to access APDC’s behavioral health and integrated care services. We consider the community navigator to be the “cultural broker” providing the trusted bridge between community members/clients and behavioral health/integrated service providers.
- Language fluency in English and AAPI language (i.e., Vietnamese, Chinese)
- Medical interpretation certification OR willingness/ability to become certified through APDC certification program
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- At least one year of direct service provision in human services/navigation.
- First hand cultural knowledge as a member/leader in local immigrant/refugee community in Colorado
If interested, please forward resume and cover letter to:
Masayo@apdc.org with the subject line: Community Navigator
More details here