In this course, you will learn about different types of healthcare systems, hospitals, clinics, community health agencies and the role of other healthcare team members. You will also learn the basics of health insurance and important things you need to know about legal issues related to patient navigation.
In this course, you will learn to:
- Describe the differences between private, public and non-profit hospital systems
- Define types of patient care including primary care, specialty care and emergency care
- Explain how insurance works
- Identify types of private insurance plans and public insurance programs
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of various members of the healthcare team
- Explain why it is important to follow HIPAA guidelines and protect patient information
- List things you can do to protect patient health information
Use the navigation menu on the right-hand side of your page to move through the modules.
Certificate of Completion
Complete the modules and quiz to unlock your certificate of completion.
0% Complete 0/5 Steps
0% Complete 0/9 Steps
0% Complete 0/6 Steps