Level 2: Facilitation Skills for Patient Navigators
Date(s) - 10/11/2017 - 10/12/2017
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Community First Foundation
Are you a patient navigator looking to enhance your group education sessions or improve collaboration with your co-workers? Or maybe you’re a PN manager seeking to learn more about group dynamics and the individual needs of your employees. Whether you facilitate group-level interventions, staff meetings, or other group activities, this training is for you. All experience levels welcome.
This course will focus on the development of new skills as well as the enhancement of existing skills. Participants will have the opportunity to assess their own facilitation skills and understand their strengths and how to fortify their skills.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Explain the different roles that small groups play in prevention interventions
- Describe the differences between facilitation, education and presentation styles
- Explain why incorporating different learning styles into group facilitation creates a richer learning environment
- Practice effective verbal and non-verbal facilitation skills
- Practice skills to help address challenges in a group process
- Discuss how co-facilitation skills can affect group facilitation
- Construct a quality assurance plan for small group prevention efforts
This workshop is delivered by our partners at the Denver Prevention Training Center.